VANUATU CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
NOTICE OF RECRUITMENT
The Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) is seeking to recruit a Ni Vanuatu citizen for the position of
Business Services Manager
The Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce & Industry is looking for a Business Services Manager for its Training and Business Development Services (BDS) Unit. The Training and BDS Unit scope is to provide business training to entrepreneurs and young people as trainees, and business services to entrepreneurs, young entrepreneurs, SMEs, and micro businesses, to meet the members’ needs and interests.
The person will manage the business training programs, the development and review of training material based on training standards and requirements, offer business training services to clients and business services to businesses. The person will manage the Business Development Officers to deliver business training and businesses services to clients.
The businesses services include the management of the Diagnostic and Referral service for SMEs, and the implementation of the diagnostic and referral system that links SME businesses to appropriate Business Advisory Services Providers (BASPs) under the Business Link Pacific (BLP) Programme.
The BS Manager will actively use the Customer Relationship Management tool to manage and implement the BLP programme in Vanuatu.
The person will assist in the communication, monitoring and evaluation, of the BLP programme.
The person will train the Business Development Officers and other VCCI staff on the Diagnostic and Referral service and the BLP programme as required.
The position requires to achieve annual budget income targets and BLP Programme objectives and results.
- A degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource Management or similar discipline
- Training qualification and minimum of 5 years of training experience
- Minimum of minimum of 5 years of business and enterprise experience
- Experience in managing enterprises, as entrepreneurs or manager businesses in Vanuatu
- Excellent understanding of business and the role of business finance and business management training
- Leadership and organisational skills, including the ability to motivate a small team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and deliver on and off job training programs
- Business sales, consulting and/or business support experience.
- Communication and outreach experience with the Vanuatu business community
- Experience with data collection, analysis and management
- Familiarity with community-based learning approaches in business and finance skills
- Understanding and awareness of the Ni-Van business context
- Excellent business analytics, report writing and communications skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Access, Publisher, MYOB; Customer Relationship Management systems; Database development and management
- Experience with chambers of commerce, sector groups, government departments and agencies supporting and representing industry (ex: construction, tourism, agriculture, cooperatives)
- Experience with survey research, data collection, analysis and report writing
- Understanding of business support services, service providers and their function (ex: Accountancy, Financial Management, Business Planning, Strategy, Management)
- Program management and development program implementation experience
- Fluent in English and Bislama in speaking, writing and comprehension
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
- Driving License
- Availability to travel.
Remuneration will be offered depending on qualifications and work experience.
All applications with CVs and 2 references must be posted to:
The General Manager
Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce & Industry
P O Box 189, Port Vila, Vanuatu
Or emailed to email@example.com
The applicants who have already applied do not need to apply again.
Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Wednesday 14 November 2018.