Nowadays, many people are suffering from runny nose. A runny nose is a very common symptom of many illnesses, including colds and other allergies and upper respiratory tract infections. Some of these people got it from the rapid change of weather or from a transmission by inhalation.
This is the reason why it is very important for you to carry a handkerchief everywhere you go. A runny nose usually lasts for a couple of days and may even reach for a week if not prevented. This blog will provide helpful information on getting rid of runny nose using different methods that are available.
If you are looking for ways on getting rid of runny nose using different methods, look no more because you are in the right website. There are so many ways on relieving your nose from that itch feeling. If you don’t like to drink medicines, you can try the alternatives such as herbs, teas and many more. One of the most popular natural ways on relieving your runny nose is by drinking lots of water every day.
Water is the best fluid for your body, but if you have flu you can also drink juices or non-caffeinated drinks. Fluids help in thinning the mucus and speed up your recovery.
Getting rid of runny nose using different methods:
1. You can try drinking the honey and lime combination. All you have to do is put 2-3 drops of fresh lime juice and add one tablespoon of honey in one cup of warm water. Drink the solution when warm. Honey will relieve cough and cold.
2. You may also try chewing a ginger. It is a great runny nose treatment. Ginger helps drain the nose and maintains the normal body temperature.
3. You can try on chewing a gum. Preferably the mint flavor gum.
4. Have you tried the menthol steam? It can soothe your nose from runny nose. Put a hot water in a bowl. Add some menthol and inhale the steam. If you like to obtain the best result, try mixing the menthol with eucalyptus and tea tree oil.
5. When you are having a hot shower, you can inhale the steam. The hot steam can unclog your nose and it can also help on killing the virus that causes the runny nose.
6. The salt treatment has been proven as a very effective solution on soothing your nose from runny nose. Put 2 tablespoons of salt in a cup of warm or hot water. Breathe the steam. The steam will help in getting the mucous and the secretions out.
7. You can also try eating fruits that are rich in Vitamin C. This vitamin is very effective on increasing your immune system and fight diseases.
Also, it is very important to remember to avoid the things that may trigger your runny nose such as the ashes in the cigarettes, spicy foods and peppers.
If these alternative solutions don’t work and if your runny nose goes worse, try going to the doctor. There may be other problems in your body.